Body tired
I made boxes for square foot gardening yesterday. I figured, before doing this, that I was generally pretty fit. I go to the gym a few times a week, I rock-climb once a week, I walk everywhere... And yet, a very small construction project and some manual labour (okay, a full day of manual labour) have tuckered me out entirely.
I do, however, have two boxes filled with an approximation of "Mel's Mix" and one, at least, has a grid to show the square foot boxes in which I'm growing stuff. But it all seems so small... Ah well, labour is good for the soul, right? Here are a few pictures of the soil mix and also of the completed box.

The string doesn't look as classy as wood lath would, I guess, but it is what I had and well, I'm all about gardening on the cheap.

I've planted out the pea seedlings and seeds, and two squares of hardy pansies as well, and seeded carrots, beets, lettuce and broccoli. I'm waiting on my heritage seeds still (hopefully they'll get here tomorrow) and I'll plant the other box with them, I think. And there is still the whole garden to play with :) Yeah for summer...
I do, however, have two boxes filled with an approximation of "Mel's Mix" and one, at least, has a grid to show the square foot boxes in which I'm growing stuff. But it all seems so small... Ah well, labour is good for the soul, right? Here are a few pictures of the soil mix and also of the completed box.
The string doesn't look as classy as wood lath would, I guess, but it is what I had and well, I'm all about gardening on the cheap.
I've planted out the pea seedlings and seeds, and two squares of hardy pansies as well, and seeded carrots, beets, lettuce and broccoli. I'm waiting on my heritage seeds still (hopefully they'll get here tomorrow) and I'll plant the other box with them, I think. And there is still the whole garden to play with :) Yeah for summer...
Comments