Cats and other animals

My garden is in stasis because of our unfortunate weather, but I'm hopeful that by the weekend the promised warmer weather will arrive and the peas and other seeds will begin to feel the life stirring in their little seed cases and sprout up to the warm late April sun. I have to hope... That said, an animal has also found my new square foot gardening boxes to be appealing; I wake up each day to the sight of footprints compacting my light friable soil. Grr. Not only that, but this morning there was a full-on hole in the box, and soil spilling out on the ground beside the box. I have a sinking feeling that when I go out to inspect and repair I will find evidence of kitty shit at the bottom of said hole. I did *not* do all that back-breaking labour last weekend to provide a convenient litter box for someone else's outdoor cat! Don't get me wrong, I like cats. I even have a housemate of the feline persuasion. But he is not an outdoor cat and there are solid reasons for this. Therefore to deal with the results of someone else's pet in my garden is frustrating.

Oh well. I could be my sister. Her whole front garden was vandalised by bored teenagers a few weeks ago. Perspective is key.

Comments

Popular Posts