Procrastination and other obstacles

So, I'm writing an entry here instead of tackling the rather more important task of rewriting my thesis. I have fifteen days and three chapters yet to be revised. You'd think that the bare facts I've just outlined would be sufficient to convince even the worst procrastinator that it is time to focus, buckle down, put the nose to the grindstone, get back to the salt mines... whatever cliche turns your crank. But no. Somehow I'm tired, unmotivated, without desire to write, at least write my thesis, at any rate. Is this what they call writer's block? Or is it just laziness?

In any case, I do need to make some sort of progress today or I'll get increasingly less pleasant to be around, which will never do. Over-reliance on coffee isn't helpful either, I suspect, much as "overreliance" in my world amounts to three cups in a day instead of two. Nonetheless.

Fine. I'll follow Natalie Goldberg's advice and "go" for an hour. We'll see where it takes me...

Comments

Popular Posts