Musings on moving

So I got evicted last Friday. No fault of my own, but it is hugely inconvenient. Plus I like my apartment and hadn't planned on moving until I was ready to leave this community entirely. Alas, it is not to be, and I am moving at the end of the month.

My concern at this juncture is to find a reputable moving company Strangely enough I don't find it to be confidence inspiring when the "testimonials" site for more than one moving company has the same (verbatim) set of stories as support for the wonderful service their company provides. And then there is the reality that most people in this province seem to have *two* months notice that they are going to move, not merely one, and therefore book the reputable moving companies rather far in advance.

I am also not much of a packrat. I purge and freecycle my belongings frequently and that means that moving me is a small job (by commercial standards, that is), which sadly again puts me at a disadvantage when procuring the services of such a commercial provider. Clearly the appropriate action here should have been to cultivate friendships with burly men and their friends so that I could call on their muscles in times of need, but it seems more than a little late to start such a course of action now.

My square foot gardens of this spring were not entirely succesful; I was plagued with a truly impressive assortment of insect life, larvae, and other creatures. I think that at this point I shall leave my infested dirt for the delightful gentleman that sent his agent to evict me. I don't imagine he gardens in any event.

Comments

Popular Posts