Cho cho...
Today I helped Soni make lunch for us. We had ceviche de chochos, which are a native vegetable somewhere between a bean and a quinoa. Tasty. Unfortunately she forgot to buy the oranges for the dressing, so I offered to go and buy some from the mercado up the road. However, they didn't have any ordinary oranges, so I bought mandarins... Soni had a bit of a laugh at my expense, I must say...
My house is quieter without Christoph there. It feels a little bit weird to be the only student, and last night especially because we didn't have dinner. Soni gave me a glass of taxo (a fruit native to Ecuador) in some soya milk and an apple. I confess that after my cuy lunch it was really not adequate! I was glad to have bought a packet of Marie biscuits in the afternoon... I think that we're getting a new Swiss student tomorrow morning while I'm at school though which will hopefully be good.
Spanish lessons today were good. I learned how to phrase obligations (I have to do...) and the difference between the two Spanish verbs for "to know". I kind of knew these things before from my classes at the Spanish Centre in Toronto, but it's good to have a reminder.
Okay, I'm off to find the cocoa cooperative again. That hot chocolate the other day after climbing Mount Pinchincha was to die for. And I like to support cooperatives, anyway. My Spanish teacher tells me that I'm very socially minded!! :)
My house is quieter without Christoph there. It feels a little bit weird to be the only student, and last night especially because we didn't have dinner. Soni gave me a glass of taxo (a fruit native to Ecuador) in some soya milk and an apple. I confess that after my cuy lunch it was really not adequate! I was glad to have bought a packet of Marie biscuits in the afternoon... I think that we're getting a new Swiss student tomorrow morning while I'm at school though which will hopefully be good.
Spanish lessons today were good. I learned how to phrase obligations (I have to do...) and the difference between the two Spanish verbs for "to know". I kind of knew these things before from my classes at the Spanish Centre in Toronto, but it's good to have a reminder.
Okay, I'm off to find the cocoa cooperative again. That hot chocolate the other day after climbing Mount Pinchincha was to die for. And I like to support cooperatives, anyway. My Spanish teacher tells me that I'm very socially minded!! :)
Comments
Cooking with Soni sounds really good, I´m getting hambre! ;-) And, I hope the quiter home has its advantages, too!
I´m definitly proud that you made Pichincha!
(And of myself, having pushed you ;-))
Good time!
Christoph
PS to the other comments: there should be WWTD brazaletes available soon!