First day in Quito

Buenos Dias! Things are great so far. Not too hot, here, as expected, but my Spanish family is really lovely (and really quite well off, by Quito standards, at any rate) and the city (the little bit I've seen so far anyway) is pretty. My first morning of Spanish lessons went by pretty quickly and it seems that I haven't forgotten all of the stuff I learned back at the Spanish Centre at home (yay!). There is a fellow staying with my host family as well who is taking lessons at my school, so my "Ecuadorian mother" didn't have to walk me to school today after all... I don't have keys for the house yet though, so I'm kind of hanging around until I can be let back in.

I took a group salsa lesson today too -- I get one 'cultural' class a week, which is fun. The school does field trips too, which might be good to get in on, at least until I get my travelling legs back. But really, it's all quite good so far, aside from the massive altitude headache. About the mini bottle of ibuprofen I brought with me?! But my teacher tells me you can get 600 mg ibuprofen over the counter at the pharmacies here, so I'm sure I'll be fine.

This keyboard is going to take some getting used to!

Comments

Caracal said…
Yay!! I'm so glad things are going well! Love you tonnes!

:)

Catherine

Popular Posts