Here are some pictures of the Chan Chan ruins I mentioned in yesterday´s post. You can see that the frescos are being restored in some of the pictures, and also the scale of some of the spaces. The soldier character was made mostly of wood; it´s amazing that it survived for 700 years before we found the city again. Impressive. And this complex, which took a good half an hour to walk through was only one of eight complexes in this city. It must have been stunning in its heyday...






Today I´m off to see the Huacas del Sol y de la Luna, which are twice as old as the Chan Chan ruins (and from a different civilization entirely). I´m taking a minibus out and then hopefully I´ll be able to hire a guide to show me around. And then some supper and a night bus to Lima. Here´s hoping that the night bus actually has ¨bed¨ seats as advertised. I will believe it when I see it! And then tomorrow Leela arrives from Canada into Lima as well, and we´ll head off to Cuzco and Machu Picchu. I´m so excited!!

Comments

The Travellers said…
Hi!

We love the pictures! Normann hopes they DO have bed seats on that night bus. He would hate for it to be otherwise ;-)

It's good to hear from you again and we can't wait for more pictures of the other places you are going to.

Have lots of fun with Leela. We love you tonnes!

Nicola and Normann (and Garry, but he's at work)
Anonymous said…
OMG I am green green green with envy....
I have so wanted to go see stuff like that for so very very long!!
I am so excited for you - it sounds like you are having an awesome time!!
Mum says that Leela will be there in no time - you two are going to have a blast!!!

Love you so much!!!

Catherine :)
Anonymous said…
Ok - I forgot to ask - what on earth is a "bed seat" ??? I'm assuming it's bed-like, but I have no picture in my head - take photos 'kay???

Love ya!!

ps - I miss you lots!

Popular Posts