Over and out...
I´m off on my second ecovillage adventure as of tomorrow morning. Not quite as much drama as last time -- the people involved remember who I am and why I am coming to their community, which is a good sign! I am off the guide book map now though-- the community I am in doesn´t even appear on my Lonely Planet map of this region. Oh well. This is why they make tourist offices, yes?
Anyway. Tomorrow morning I head up to Yacu Yura from this town (Capilla del Monte) at 9:30am. The founder, Jimmy, is picking me up from the bus station and we are driving up together. I am happy that it is working out, even though it means that I am spending quite a lot to stay in a hotel tonight, because the alternative was to have the bus driver drop me off this afternoon at Km103 on the highway and hike in with my increasingly heavy bag... Catching a lift is sounding good!
The first week is part of an organised event the community calls "a week of experience in group living". Assuming all that works out, I will stay on for a second week of simply day to day living to get a sense of what the community members do, why they do it, and how they accomplish things. I am excited.
Ciao for now...
Anyway. Tomorrow morning I head up to Yacu Yura from this town (Capilla del Monte) at 9:30am. The founder, Jimmy, is picking me up from the bus station and we are driving up together. I am happy that it is working out, even though it means that I am spending quite a lot to stay in a hotel tonight, because the alternative was to have the bus driver drop me off this afternoon at Km103 on the highway and hike in with my increasingly heavy bag... Catching a lift is sounding good!
The first week is part of an organised event the community calls "a week of experience in group living". Assuming all that works out, I will stay on for a second week of simply day to day living to get a sense of what the community members do, why they do it, and how they accomplish things. I am excited.
Ciao for now...
Comments
Love you and miss you,
Nicola