Some pics to tide you over...
I found a place here in Cordobá where the connection rate is actually as advertised, so I thought I´d upload a few more pics from past places. Sorry, Nic, I haven´t uploaded the most recent lot from the Quebrada de Cafayate to my usb stick -- but I have provided a few more salt flat, Dali Desert photos :)
This is the Dali Desert -- the colours were even more amazing than this in real life.
These were some of the flamingoes we saw. I so wished I had one of Darlene´s awesome cameras (oh yeah, and the know-how to actually use it!) -- they look really far away in this shot, but that is more about my camera than how far away they actually were. They were so beautiful. And there are three different kinds in this area too, although it is hard to see in the shot.

These are baby volcanoes. Basically they are sulferous bubbling mud pots. Reminded me more than a little bit of the stereotypical descriptions of a witch´s brew, to be honest, but no one was stirring these... Oh yeah, and we were at five thousand metres too. Talk about unreal.

This is a shot of the people in my jeep. From left to right: Steve, me, Elaine and Ian. And yes, it was just as cold as it looks. I don´t know what I was thinking to have packed both my gloves and my other, warmer coat!! Oy. But dawn over the salt flats was amazing and well worth getting up very early for. So beautiful.

And just for silliness:

I get an unholy kick out of the English (mis)translations on my travels... The above sign was posted in a bathroom in the market town I went to outside of Sucre. Poor things. I shouldn´t poke fun, I guess. :)
This is the Dali Desert -- the colours were even more amazing than this in real life.
These were some of the flamingoes we saw. I so wished I had one of Darlene´s awesome cameras (oh yeah, and the know-how to actually use it!) -- they look really far away in this shot, but that is more about my camera than how far away they actually were. They were so beautiful. And there are three different kinds in this area too, although it is hard to see in the shot.
These are baby volcanoes. Basically they are sulferous bubbling mud pots. Reminded me more than a little bit of the stereotypical descriptions of a witch´s brew, to be honest, but no one was stirring these... Oh yeah, and we were at five thousand metres too. Talk about unreal.
This is a shot of the people in my jeep. From left to right: Steve, me, Elaine and Ian. And yes, it was just as cold as it looks. I don´t know what I was thinking to have packed both my gloves and my other, warmer coat!! Oy. But dawn over the salt flats was amazing and well worth getting up very early for. So beautiful.
And just for silliness:
I get an unholy kick out of the English (mis)translations on my travels... The above sign was posted in a bathroom in the market town I went to outside of Sucre. Poor things. I shouldn´t poke fun, I guess. :)
Comments