Pictures, finally!

I am finally somewhere with moderately fast and moderately cheap internet so hopefully I´ll have some luck uploading the last few weeks of pictures this time. If it all works out, we should have first a picture of the lunch feast that Andrea and I had at the vineyard the other week, and a picture of us at the second vineyard (pre wipe-out)...




Then I´ve put up a few pics from the Bariloche area. Does it not look like BC? If it only had the smell of salt I swear it could have been parts of Vancouver island. So gorgeous. The flowers were on a small bush on my hike -- I was enchanted with the vibrancy of the orange. I don´t know what they are though!




Then, to continue with the chocumentation of my journeys, here is a pic of what I think has to win (so far) the best hot chocolate in South America prize, the chocolate caliente at Abuela Goye´s (which means Grandmother Goye) in Bariloche. OMG. So good. And yes, that small cup was plenty!



And more recently, a few shots of the Perito Morena Glacier. Seeing the glacier was incredible. The sounds of it moving were like gunshots and cannons going off, and then intermittently great chunks would fall off the glacier face (which is around 60 metres high) into the lake below and then the crashing sound would reach us on the boardwalks a few moments later. Wicked cool. I went with two guys I met on the crazy 34 hour bus ride from El Bolsón, and it was awesome to share the experience with someone. Very cool all around! The red flower is of the Chilean fire bush -- awesome.




Comments

Unknown said…
Now, that is what I call a Summer lunch - what decadence!!:)
Anonymous said…
Awesome photos Meg!! Looks like so much fun! Love you!
The Travellers said…
Alright, I agree about the lunch, but that ice sheet is amazing! What an experience!

I'm glad to see that you are taking care of your need for chocolate--that cup sure looks like there was a lot of cocoa in it.

Love you tonnes,
Nicola
Anonymous said…
Yes, to chocumentation! The images of the views are awesome! Lookin' good, my dear!

Popular Posts