Rosario
Well, Rosario is pretty, but the weather leaves something to be desired. Yesterday I arrived in the wee hours after a killer-long bus ride from Iguazu. Did I mention that it was 19 hours long and it was forty Celcius when we left and there was no air-conditioning on the bus?? I walked around town for a while and went down to the river front to enjoy the hot cloudy day. Then it began to rain. It kept raining until late afternoon, but fortunately after 12:30 I was able to get into my hostel and have a shower and a nap. I really needed both!! In the late afternoon though the sun came out and it got quite hot. I was briefly hopeful (i.e. until this morning) that today would be more of the same so that I could go to the islands here and enjoy the river-front and maybe a bit of nature walking. But no. In fact, it is POURING rain today. And not even hot rain, which makes being out in it rather less than appealing. And I did the cultural walking thing yesterday -- the Independence Monument, the river parks, the memorial to the fallen soldiers in the Maldives. If anyone out there is still wondering, Argentina *definitely* still believes the Maldivian Islands (aka the Falklands) are theirs. About that!
So today I´m not sure what to do. I deliberately didn´t get a daytime bus so that I could have two full days here, but that was with the (perhaps naive) expectation of good weather. Now I have most of a day to kill and very little to do here (especially given the completely inadequate clothing I´m wearing today... with my stuff in storage at my hostel for the day). Erg. Not good planning, Timeseeker.
I´m going to upload a couple more pics of the Falls -- a few of the Devils´ Throat this time (yes Nicola, the other pics were all of the small falls!). The little black specks you can see are the birds I mentioned last time -- the ones that play in the mists :)


So today I´m not sure what to do. I deliberately didn´t get a daytime bus so that I could have two full days here, but that was with the (perhaps naive) expectation of good weather. Now I have most of a day to kill and very little to do here (especially given the completely inadequate clothing I´m wearing today... with my stuff in storage at my hostel for the day). Erg. Not good planning, Timeseeker.
I´m going to upload a couple more pics of the Falls -- a few of the Devils´ Throat this time (yes Nicola, the other pics were all of the small falls!). The little black specks you can see are the birds I mentioned last time -- the ones that play in the mists :)
Comments