Progress... of a sort!

Well, I may have work. That is to say I am working, but for the moment on a pro-bono basis, with the hope and (some days) expectation that it will turn into real, paid work come this fall. I think there is a good chance that the funding for the project will come through, in which case I'll be working as a social engineer of sorts, or at least a facilitator for a new cohousing development in my community. It's exciting work for me -- my dissertation dealt with some of the issues inherent in trying to create socially and environmentally sustainable housing, specifically looking at cohousing communities, so this would be a very cool opportunity to try it out in real life. So, fingers crossed. For the moment, I'm heading to a conference on cohousing in Seattle this coming week and then at the end of next month will be the Earthship week-long internship. A good deal...

Comments

Popular Posts