New home!

I'm so excited -- I've found the perfect place to live. It's a 100 year old carriage house only five minutes walk from the lake and five minutes walk (in the other direction) from work. It's perfect :) I move in two weeks from now and I'm in the process of locating furniture (having sold everything I owned when I moved out west last winter). Fortunately having family in the area means that I can borrow stuff until I can find the stuff I want, and until I have some money to buy things I really like instead of just making do. T'will be all good, I think.

Work is coming together as well -- I'm writing a business plan for the company and working up how I'll interact with our community members. I really think that if we can get our process sorted out that we'll have a really good product for people searching for community solutions. We just have to get the word out.

My garden has been a real success this season; I had cantaloupes for the first time ever! You've never enjoyed food until you've had sun-ripened and sun-warmed freshly picked cantaloupe. Wow. And tomatoes and beans and peppers up the wazoo, and lots of swiss chard as well. I'm impressed with me, anyway!!

Comments

The Travellers said…
This is awesome, Lady!!

Popular Posts