Soup

I worked from home today in the unseasonably cold and windy day and decided because of the lousy weather that I'd make soup. It's awfully good :) Pearl barley, lentils, swiss chard, carrots, tomatoes... cumin and ginger. Hard to go wrong really. I had every intention of going to pilates and yoga tonight but didn't eat dinner early enough and well. Last week I made the error in judgement of having supper a mere half hour before going to "killer abs and ass" class and I'm here to tell you that was a very poor decision! Now pilates and yoga might not be as brutal as the abs and ass class, but still, dinner has to be carefully timed. But here's a picture of my soup, anyway.



I looked into whether or not I could take in a seminar at the Earthship Biotecture folks down in Taos, but unfortunately they don't have any this summer. I'd have to go in September and that's a bit far away to be planning, presently. But I did find out that there is a family in BC who is building an earthship, so I might see if I can come by and see what they're doing and how difficult it was for them to get permits and such here. Might be worthwhile.

My contract work is mostly done -- I'm just waiting for people to get back to me now while I write up the final report. It's been an interesting project, for all that rail crossings were previously rather outside of my research interest or experience! I'm waiting to hear back from Lake Country to find out if they've accepted my proposal for the community based research we got funded for -- I'm hopeful it will work out and that I can get started soon. And not only because an income is a fine thing to have :)

I'm trying to figure out what my summer will include for holidays too. I've done some good trips in the last year -- Death Valley, Lake Superior, New York City -- but I'm not sure what the next few months will hold. I could go to a conference in Boulder (a town I'd quite like to visit), but it's a long way away and the conference will be of only limited use to me, I think. Especially having quit my job. Mmm. We'll see I guess. Just for fun, here are some pics of places and things I've seen and done over the last year or so...









Comments

Popular Posts