Hanging out...



I had the opportunity to play with perspective last weekend with Elevate Aerial Yoga, as you can see from the picture I posted with today’s blog. It was so fun! Learning how to play safely in the silks, try on some really interesting poses and inversions and meeting and reconnecting with some great people. Julianna’s teaching was gentle and humorous and all in all I had a great experience. 

Also, in the aftermath of this training, I’m reminded that sometimes we just need to change our perspective on things in order to get unstuck. I’ve been mulling over career options and my dharma (roughly: life purpose, in Sanskrit) for a year now and I’ve been stuck. Stuck in seeing only what was in front of me instead of what I could envision. Stuck with what is instead of what could be. Stuck feeling like my current options are my only options, however unsatisfying I might find them. Floating, playing, getting upside down a LOT in one weekend has really shaken things up. I have movement in my body and mind and soul for the first time in too long. Full of ideas, full of hope and opportunity once again. And, ready to take action (watch the Facebook page for upcoming courses with Timeseeker Sustainable Wellness and Yoga!), too! 

Maybe hanging upside down in the silks is not for you (or maybe it is – see if you can find an intro class and check it out if you’re interested!), but changing perspective doesn’t have to be quite so dramatic. Maybe it looks like taking your lunch to the waterfront this week instead of eating inside. Maybe it’s calling an old friend and reconnecting. Maybe it’s just making the time to sit in meditation, or go for that run, or digging out your skates and going for a spin. The point is, incorporating something different in your routine can help get you unstuck and might open doors to possibility that currently seem shut or maybe not there at all. So, get out there. Hang upside down! I’d love to hear what comes up for you in the comments or on the Timeseeker Facebook page. 

Comments

Popular Posts